Sunday, July 3, 2011

Scandinavian Movies, Tattoos and Girls Named Noomi

I'm a sucker for girls with tattoos *cut to my lovely Mandy* and for girls in punk gear (I still think of Trini Alvarado and Robin Johnson in Times Square, back in the day) so it was no surprise that I thought The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo was awesome.






I liked the somber, appropriately lit scenes with a building story line that was thrilling. It's supposed to be a thriller, after all. I thought Noomi Rapace and Michael Nyqvist were excellent. It was so Scandinavian.

I was excited to see the other two movies that make up the Millennium trilogy. I wanted to like them so much, but they are just terrible and it had nothing to do with Noomi or Michael.

It seems that they switched directors for the last two, This new hack thought he was doing Die Hard sequels or something. Clearly, he wants to move to Hollywood.

I wonder what David Fincher will do with the actual Hollywood version of The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Mandy is excited. I'm just waiting to see Noomi on the next Sherlock Holmes movie. In the meantime, I'm up for a trip to Ikea.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment